Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baptism Towel




I am excited about this towel that I made for a baptism at our church. Everyone liked it and so I decided to make some samples for my other friends that attend churches we have been to. The first ones I made I wrote on paper and then stitched over with thread and then washed off. This time I bought some wash away paper at Joann's Fabrics that you print on, it has adhesive and then it washes off. It is very nice to use and makes for a nicer look. It is 9 dollars for five sheets, but with a 40 percent off coupon you can get it cheaper.  The person name and date would go below Baptism Day. 
 I can see someone who has a sewing machine that does lettering and it would be much faster than by hand, but I enjoy handwork. While I am sewing I can pray for the person which is wonderful. You can see that with the paper on before washing it looks more clear, but after washing it changes a little, but still looks wonderful. The paper really helps.  I always wash with a cup of white vinegar and cold water and that sets any thread color mostly become of the red. 
You can find very nice bath towels at WallMart for 2.98 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment