Sunday, February 10, 2013

Devotionals

I gave these to my daughter for Valentine's Day, these are two good devotional books. I love Oswald Chambers, he has such a deep perspective on the spiritual life, and he really gets to the heart of the matter. The other by Francine Roberts is good called Come Away My Beloved.

 I use the King James Bible, so it is very hard to find devotions that use the Original King James, all other versions play extremely loose with God's Word and it is a shame.  Watered down Scripture is not for me. I want the pure words of the Lord. I need to get fed, and need all God has given, for he has given it once and for all to all men. I believe that would be recorded for us in our own English language Bible the King James Version from the Textus Receptus.

 There is a app on google books by Oswald Chambers that you can read on your smart phone that is very good also. It is nice to have it with you when out and about. I love it on my phone.  God is not meant to be put into a box for just a certain morning devotion time, but is meant to be thought of at all times when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment